|Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald|
|Rōmaji||Furanshisu Sukotto Kī Fittsujerarudo|
|Birthday||September 24 (Libra)|
|Height||191 cm (6'3")|
|Likes||Money, family, himself|
|Ability||The Great Fitzgerald|
|Occupation||Leader of The Guild |
Ex-Leader of the Guild; Leader of the Renewed Guild
|Manga Debut||Chapter 12|
|Anime Debut||Episode 10|
|Japanese Voice||Takahiro Sakurai|
|English Voice||Chris Hackney|
Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald (フランシス・スコット・キー・フィッツジェラルド, Furanshisu Sukotto Kī Fittsujerarudo?) is the current leader of the American Organization known as The Guild. His ability name is known as The Great Fitzgerald.
Fitzgerald is a tall and slender man who has short combed blonde hair, and clear blue eyes. He wears a properly buttoned white shirt with a tie, and creamy yellow tailored suit and trousers.
After activating his ability, he generates some kind of green stripes-like-tattoo over his body.
Being the wealthy person that he is, Fitzgerald is very proud, boasting a lot about his fortunes very often. He is extremely arrogant and possesses a lot of confidence in himself.
He dislikes when his offers are rejected. But he is a determined man who would do anything in order to get what he wants.
Nevertheless, he is not outright evil, because it's seen that he cares about his subordinates, always taking the best course of action for their safety, and he does even more for his family, caring genuinely about his beloved wife and his deceased daughter.
The Great Fitzgerald (華麗なるフィッツジェラルド, Kareinaru Fittsujerarudo?) is an ability which allows Fitzgerald to gain more physical power according to the money he spent; while the final battle over the Moby Dick, Francis showed strength, speed, agility, and endurance far beyond the human level. Simply by throwing off his cheques is also counted as 'spending' his wealth and activating his ability. It is noted that to activate his ability, it is not restricted to his own wealth, or even to something that cont as money itself, like a wedding ring.
Francis is also a moderated hand-to-hand fighter, as showed against Atsushi and Akutagawa when he combated just bare hands.
Fitzgerald mentions that "before being rich," implying that he was poor, he worked for two whole years in order to buy a gun; later, he killed four people to get more money.
At some point, he married a woman named Zelda and had a daughter. Nevertheless, his daughter died, and unable to accept this, Zelda fell ill and still believes that she's still studying abroad. Resolved to bring her back to life with the power of The Book, he plans to raid Yokohama in order to find it to bring happiness to his family once again.
It is known that he is the owner of three conglomerates and five hotels under his name; and an airline, and a railway company.
- He made an appearance in the mobile game "Kimito Lead Puzzle 18" as a stage boss and as a limited-time character.
- Since he was interrupted by Fukuzawa, it's possible that he may be the owner of more companies or whatever else.
- He shares many traits with Jay Gatsby, the protagonist from the actual Fitzgerald's work.
- Personality-wise, both are arrogant; too optimistic, and flawed; nonetheless, they are determined and hardworking in order to obtain what they desire.
- Background wise, it is unknown where their fortune came from, other than the commits of illegal activities.
- Both Fitzgerald and Jay are set to get what they want. Through the use of money as their power.
- Speech wise, they both end some sentences by "old sport."
- Zelda, was in real life, the actual Fitzgerald's wife.
- Both Zelda's also fell ill with serious afflictions.
- His animated character design appeared in the Bungou Stray Dogs Facebook website prior to his appearance to the anime.