Haruno is a young woman with short, half-curly brown hair that reaches just below her shoulders. Her eyes are olive green, and her big glasses have a red rim.
Just like other clerks, she uses a uniform consisting of a white shirt completely buttoned with a white bow tie, a grey vest, and a long navy blue skirt.
Alternatively, she wears a dark turtleneck sweater, and a long white skirt; black stockings, and white shoes, together with a white purse.
A professional, friendly and kind woman that could only qualify as reliable. At work, at least - When she is out of the office, it is implied by her interactions with Naomi that she has a habit of slacking off a bit if left unwatched, being prone to be easily startled.
When confronted by Steinbeck and Lovecraft, despite being more afraid than Naomi, Haruno was able to remain calm enough to drive safely, therefore, she is a composed woman.
Due to having an obsession with her cat, Haruno is also easily teased.
It is unknown when Haruno joined the agency. Yet, she's on friendly terms with Naomi, so the two of them may have known each other for quite some time.
- The name Kirako means "fine clothes" (綺羅) (kira) and "child" (子) (ko).
- Kirako's surname Haruno means "spring" (春) (haru) and "field, wilderness" (野) (no).
- Haruno is named after a character in Junichirou Tanizaki's novel Naomi.
- In Junichiro's work, Haruno is an actress that belongs to the Imperial Theater, but it is unknown if she worked as one and/or if said theater exists in the manga.
- Haruno has a cat named Mii, whom she has an obsession with.
- Haruno might be a compulsive drinker. Naomi mentions that she drunk five entire bottles of wine in a single night.